Posted March 5th, 2020
Homeowners are often confused when it comes to unwanted wildlife in their home. They confuse rodents with squirrels, which is easy to do. But since that’s the case, we will tell you about both of them. A squirrel will typically get in around the roof, the gutters – the top part of the house. Squirrels are basically just tree rats. Whatever you want to call them, they’re a real nuisance. Squirrels prefer to stay high at all times so they can stay away from predators. Rodent removal from your attic is essential
Rodents, however, will go in the top and/or bottom of your home. This is why when Attic Kings removes rodents, we must treat the entire home, leaving no stone unturned. We seal the house from top to bottom or the process won’t work. Rats (and other rodents) have an exoskeleton. Which means their bones can collapse to help them fit through holes as small as a quarter. Rodents are also scavengers. They’ll find their way into your home by any means necessary when they smell that fantastic dinner you’re making. Once inside, rodents will also make nests, seek shelter, and even have babies.
Rodents are excellent climbers that have curved nails to climb. They also come equipped with long, pointy teeth. Squirrels’ and rats’ teeth continuously grow. That said, they must chew on anything and everything to keep them sharp and short so they’re able to eat. Prevention is key. Otherwise, they’ll penetrate a home anywhere they like and can climb almost anything.
- Sealing all holes gaps, cracks, and pipes around foundation/crawlspace
- Rescreening all vents around foundation/crawl space
- If the crawl space door has wood rot or gaps around it, it should be replaced as well
- We also set traps
- Installation of 23-gauge galvanized steel over builders gap in the roofline
- Then we would seal all holes, gaps, cracks, and eaves around the roof
- Giving you a permanent solution to it otherwise ongoing problem, guaranteed!