Rats in your residence can cause serious damage and have detrimental effects on your loved ones’ health. If you suspect that what you see is rat feces or you’re hearing noises in the walls, it might be in your best interest to give Attic Kings a call as soon as humanly possible. Our rat removal technicians will carry out a comprehensive inspection for rats and other rodents, and begin the humane removal and exclusion process immediately.
- Rats cause serious damage to essential parts like water lines, wires, air ducts, and other in-home structures
- They’ll eat trash and food that is left out
- Rats can carry a spectrum of diseases and parasites
- They drop anywhere from 40 to 50 pellets of poop a day
- They’ve been known to bite or scratch
Duluth Rat Removal Steps
- Inspecting the entire house. With our inspection, we are able to locate the rats and where they’re living, as well as where they are entering your home.
- Once noted, these locations will have one-way exit tunnels installed that will help prevent the rodents from entering once they’ve left.
- Any holes or cracks that might be used as an entrance will be animal-proofed. Our exclusion techniques are sure to keep animals at bay and your family safe from rodent-borne diseases.
We don’t believe in using poison as a solution for rats. Using poisons have been known to cause health hazards to your family and pets. They’re also not as effective as our exit tunnels. Additionally, poisons could cause the rats to perish in your walls or attic, leaving you with more problems.
How Rats Can Get in Your Home
Rats can enter the house through roof-connected electrical lines, water pipes, gas lines, air vents leading to or from the basement, air ducts, apertures in your attic—pretty much anywhere there’s an opening.
Once they’re in, they can quickly travel throughout the home. Evidence of rats is often found near the hot water heater and furnace since they serve as a virtual harbor for pipes and ducts. They often build nests in the walls, crawl spaces, and attic to keep warm and give birth. A rat can have 6-12 offspring at a time, and a typical female will have 4-6 litters a year. Your Duluth home is important to us, as we know it is to you, and we will work hard to remove all rats and make sure they don’t come back.
To keep rats away from your house in the future, be sure to:
- Keep debris away from the house
- Keep garbage cans sealed
- Keep pantry and cupboards closed
- Do not leave food out for long periods of time
- Keep countertops clean
Attic Kings is your source for Duluth rat removal and keeping your home free of pests. Give them a call today to set up your inspection and start the steps toward home safety and exclusion of rats.