Having a raccoon inside the home is an awful nuisance, and if you don’t act fast, you could have a whole family on your hands. That’s why it’s best to call Attic Kings at the first sign you have raccoons.
- Cause structural damage to the house (broken hinges, busted shingles, holes near the attic or foundation, tore up insulation, ripped open ducts)
- Turn over trashcans
- Make lots of noise
- Leave droppings and urine
- Take food
Raccoons also carry many diseases, such as rabies, and parasites that are harmful to humans and pets.
Raccoons in the Home
Raccoons are most active during the summer months and like to nest in attics as the insulation provides warm and comfort. A mother raccoon can have 2-5 babies at a time. They are highly aggressive and territorial and will attack if they feel threatened. They have very sharp teeth and claws, so it’s best not to aggravate them.
Attic Kings does not use poison as part of its animal removal process. We prefer to use an exit tunnel system.
By sealing up all other entryways, the exit tunnel acts as the only way for the raccoon to leave the house. The exit tunnel is a one-way system, so the raccoon cannot get back in once it has left. This usually gets the animal out within 1-8 days and does not harm it in any way.
Once the raccoons are out of the home, it’s important that you take the proper measures to prevent them from coming in again.
These would be things like:
- Keeping debris away from the house
- Keeping garbage cans sealed
- Not leaving food out
- Sealing all possible entryways around the house
- Keeping sheds and garages tightly locked